Thursday, April 19, 2018

Weak Christianity

Pastor Voddie Baucham's four minute sermon blurb is spot on and is worth listening to. Emotionalism, Mysticism, Sentimentalism, and Anti-Intellectualism continue to plague the contemporary church.

“I’m more offended by the fact that you confronted that sin than I am that that sin offends God. This is where we live today, especially in younger generations.”

“My faith is all about my experience. It’s all about what I feel. It’s all about what I know on the inside. We’re more like Mormons to be honest… These things are true because of my internal witness to these things. And in this mysticism or anti-intellectualism, we don’t often gauge the rightness or wrongness of things by the facts that are presented, but instead…based on the emotions that we experience…”

Pastors, "just preach what the Bible says!"

No comments: