Monday, April 9, 2018

Beth Moore Repents For Not Being a Better Feminist

Rick Warren & Beth Moore-Photo Credit Relevant Magazine 
This is not clickbait.  This is not Babylon Bee Christian satire either.  I wish it were.  Prior to speaking at The Gospel Coalition's (progressive social justice) MLK50 conference Beth Moore took to Twitter to publicly repent of two sins.  1) For not being a better Christian Feminist and 2) For white racism and white supremacy; (this second confession was made on behalf of all white evangelicals).  You can't make this stuff up.  Read Moore's tweets for yourself: (quote):

Beth Moore‏Verified account @BethMooreLPM Mar 27
"Lord, I repent of ways I’ve been complicit in and contributed to misogyny & sexism in the church by my cowardly and inordinate deference to male leaders in order to survive rather than simply, appropriately respecting them as my brothers. Forgive me for being part of the problem."

Beth Moore violates God's original and marvelous design for men and women (per Genesis 1-2) and ignores clear cut passages of Scripture (see 1 Timothy 2:9-15; 3:1-7 and 1 Corinthians 11:1-16).  She embraces Christian Feminism (i.e. Egalitarianism), and in effect, repents of not being more bold in her sin.  In effect what she is saying is this- "Lord, one some occasions I've submitted to male leadership as your apostles so directed the Church.  Forgive me not being more brazen in my feminism."  To undermine the Word of God is to disregard the God of the Word.

Moore's errant position on biblical manhood and womanhood is consistent with that of progressive megachurches such as Elmbrook and Willow Creek.  

In a second public tweet Beth Moore wrote: "Lord, I repent of being complicit in & contributing to racism & white supremacy in the church by profiting off a system that was unjust to people of color. Forgive me for thinking it was enough to simple say & believe it to be true, “I’m not racist.” Forgive me for my passivity."

Beth Moore's public embrace of critical race theory helped earn her a speaker role at the MLK50 conference where a few white preachers (who've made similar confessions) were invited to speak on related issues.  Moore said it was one of the most powerful events she's ever attended.  At this event tribute was paid to Michael Brown and other victims of alleged structural racism and police violence.  I spoke with one church leader from Freeport, IL who told me that Colin Kaepernick's National Anthem protest is the modern day equivalent of Rosa's Park bus boycott during the height of segregation.

Moore did not mention how she was going to make financial restitution for profiting off a system that is unjust to ethnic minorities.  These are the days of our life.

No comments: