Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Israel, the Church, and the Middle East (pt. 2)

As a natural overflow of our recent expository series on "Revelation 20:1-6 and the Kingdom of God" we recently started a special miniseries on Israel, the Church, and the Middle East at Lake Country Bible Church.  Specifically, I'm addressing "The Plight of Israel: a Historical, Biblical, Theological Study."

This study has been eye-opening on many fronts.  For one, I never realized how widespread Christian anti-Semitism, and/or Christian anti-Judaism has been among genuine believers.  Church history is both informative and, at times, quite painful.  Throughout our Sunday AM and Wednesday PM studies we are seeing just how practical and timely biblical prophesy and eschatology truly is.

The picture posted with this blog highlights some of my written resources for this teaching series.  I have tried to read broadly. By "broadly" I mean I have read historical/theological works by secular, Christian, and Jewish authors. I have listened to lectures by Jewish and Gentile professors from various backgrounds.  Most importantly I have attempted to put everything through the grid of Holy Scripture.

Join us on June 20th for Part 2 of our study.  If you do not live in Wisconsin or cannot make it tonight at 6:30pm you can find free audio/PowerPoint study-guide resources on our website (Click here).