|1020 S. Benson Blvd.|
6. The affordable housing market. It is a blessing to own a nice 3 BR home on a quiet street with friendly neighbors and a beautiful, fenced in yard and to pay less than a thousand dollars in monthly mortgage payments. Benson Blvd. has been a wonderful place to raise a young family. If you know of anyone looking to buy we are looking to sell. :)
5. Union Dairy. With over 50 varieties of ice cream in a historical ice cream parlor Union Dairy is a family favorite. It is also a great place to bring out of town guests.
4. Read Park Pool and Aquatic Center. Every summer Read Pool has been Andrea and the kids home away from home. The friendly pool staff and spacious swimming area has brought many smiles over the years.
|Read Park Pool|
3. Krape Park. "Awarded 'Outstanding Multi-use Facility' award by Illinois Parks and Recreation Association. Since our first summer Krape Park has been a family favorite.
Heavily wooded Krape Park features a picturesque waterfall that tumbles down from a high limestone bluff, an operating one-of-a-kind carousel that costs just 50 cents to ride, tennis courts, multi-use trails, sledding hills, cross country skiing trails, a baseball diamond, numerous picnic tables and a duck pond.
In the summer, people rent canoes and paddle boats in the same area where ice skaters skate in the winter. Krape Park’s challenging Yellow Creek Adventure Golf Course entertains people of all ages, as does the fishing pier on Yellow Creek. Children delight in Kids’ Kastle, a 10,000 square foot structure built by community volunteers and Little Kids’ Playground, designed for the youngest set."
|Krape Park carousel|
2. Our community of friends within Classical Conversations, Freeport.
Scripture is clear that the local church is central to the purposes of God on earth (Matthew 16:18). As such one must not mis-prioritize relationships and commitments above the Bride of Christ via the local church (1 Cor. 12-14). Having said that, our Classical Conversations community has provided support, encouragement, great friendships, and Christian love. We praise God for the gift of this special community that is made up of so many precious families. Many of our closest friendships began via Classical Conversations.
|CC Freeport 2017|
1. The dear people of First Baptist Church. The flock that makes up First Baptist Church are Spirit-filled believers who treasure Christ, love one another, and who hunger for the Word of God like newborn babes long for their mother's milk (1 Peter 2:2-3). I have said on many occasions that if I were not in pastoral ministry that my family would look for a "9 Marks" Church that is committed to preaching the full counsel of God and to applying it faithfully- no matter the cost. FBC is one such place. One of the greatest joys I have known is the delight of hearing various members affectionately refer to me as their "Pastor." It has been a great honor to serve the fellowship of saints at First Baptist Church these past nine years.
|FBC Freeport; established 1845|