Friday, April 22, 2016

John 17:24-26 (the best B-day present)!

The Lord has provided the best birthday present in allowing me the gift of studying this week and preaching this Sunday John 17:24-26. This prayer of all prayers literally takes your breathe away and lifts you up to the heights of heaven.

John 17:24-16 is Jesus' Prayer for Perfect Unity, Glorious Intimacy, and Unbroken Fellowship!

"One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the BEAUTY of the LORD." Psalm 27:4.  In John 17:24-26 Jesus ensures His people that this request (Psalm 27:4) will be answered; (for the Father of love always answers the prayer requests of His one of a kind Son).

This is a prayer for unity in heaven for the Church Triumphant in the sweet by and by.  "When we stand in glory/We will see His face/ and there we'll serve our King forever/in that holy place."