Thursday, April 4, 2013

What you need to know about me and this blog

ABOUT ME- I am only a sinner saved by grace.   Jesus Christ is my life.  

It is my conviction that Jesus loves the Church and therefore so should we.  In this vein, I am a committed churchman.  I love the bride of Christ and have done everything I can to reform our local church ministry (Colossians 1:28-29) according to the perfect precepts of Holy Scripture (per Titus 1:5f).  However, I am not without my own warts and blemishes.  Those who have served alongside of me in the ministry trenches can attest to this.  Having said that, by the grace of God I am what I am.   I pray that like Paul I can humbly say to my people, "Imitate me as (much as) I follow Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1).   I am not an uber gifted pastor-preacher but I am striving to be an uber faithful servant of Christ!  To the praise of His glory, God has been revitalizing the First Baptist Church of Freeport.  To Him alone belongs the highest praise!

ABOUT THIS BLOG- These blog stories have been somewhat vaguely told in order to not say more than is necessary. The 'goriest of  ministry details' are often best reserved for personal conversations with God and with those directly involved in one's local church ministry. Much restraint has been exercised as I have written and edited these stories as this is not a pastoral "tell all."  Having said that, like the apostle Paul it is wrong to try and sugar coat the trials and tribulations of gospel ministry.  As such I do not apologize for highlighting some of the blood, sweat, and tears that have been shed in effort to "set in order" the Lord's church.

None of the articles that describe sinful conduct or speech have been written about current members. We all know how cowardly it is to stand behind a bully pulpit (or a bully blog) and point fingers instead of dealing with people directly. The Biblical process of confrontation/restoration is summarized for us in Galatians 6:1-4, Luke 17:3-4, 1 Thess. 5:14, Matthew 7, and Matthew 18.

This blog in no way represents anyone else's official opinion/perspective. This is how I view things as I interpret my experiences through the grid of Holy Scripture.  These posts represent my pastoral perspective about life and Christian ministry.

As in all things, search the Scriptures to see if these things be so.  Only God's Word is infallible and without error.  Swallow the meat and spit out any bones that you might encounter along the way.  Above all, press on and do not lose heart.  Jesus is worth it!