Thursday, December 20, 2018

No Blog Articles: Where Have You Been?

It's been a while since I posted any new articles here at Post Tenebras Lux.  As much as I enjoy writing about things that truly matter blogging is (and should be) a low(er) priority for shepherd-preachers/husband/fathers.

The last few months have been physically challenging for my family.  Andrea has had several procedures related to agonizing kidney stones.  The family has shared several colds, the flu bug, and pink eye.  We even had a round of shingles to boot.  Seasons of sickness certainly make one thankful for seasons of health.

With extremely full schedules Andrea and I have been feverishly swimming to keep our head above water.  As such, I have not had time nor chosen to make time to blog.  As with all things everything we do must be kept in it's proper place.  My wife and family and church are my top priorities.  My Sunday School lessons, weekly sermon expositions, and a hundred different tasks are more important to God then what I (or so and so) think of Matt Chandler's pandering interview with HBO's Vice news.

I also enjoy stepping away sometimes just to be reminded that the world goes on whether or not I (or anyone else) blogs.  Tim Challies is no one's pastor (even though he is generally a very discerning author).

Having said that, Christian podcasts and blog articles certainly have a place in the internet heavy world we all live in.  Pastors can exhort, instruct, protect, and clarify many different things via books, podcasts, and blogs.  I hope to post more regularly in the weeks to come.  However, if you do not hear from me, know that I am likely at the doctors office or meeting with a key volunteer at church. :)